It's been busy the past little bit. The last weekend in February was a family shower, at my Aunt Ann's house. It was really fun to see everyone and I'm so excited about the wonderful things they got for the baby. Thank you all; you're great! Thanks especially to my sisters for planning and Ann for hosting. I need to take a picture of everything and put it on here (because again, forgot to take my camera to the actual shower), but right now our living room is a huge mess because we had to move everything out of the yellow room because we're getting new carpet in there (yay!).
The next weekend was our prenatal seminar at the hospital. Mike was not too excited about going the night before, but once we were there his attitude improved considerably and he rather enjoyed it. It helped that the nurse teaching the class was really funny and that the hospital cafeteria food was really good. I really really loved the french fries there so much. I feel a lot more calm about the whole hospital experience now that I just have kind of had a run through of where we'll go and what will happen. My favorite part (the french fries would have to take second to this) was seeing the babies in the nursery. So tiny!
In other tiny news, Debbie and Trav had their little boy, William, on the 11th of this month. He's totally cute and problem-free, which is just awesome. Mike and I went up the day after to see all of them and besides being really excited about having a new nephew, I was also very happy that a nearly 8 pound baby looked so itty bitty (I'm super paranoid about having huge babies like my mom).
Then, just last weekend, my friends had a shower for me. It was so fun to see all of them (especially a few I hadn't seen in a long time). Hooray for friends and babies! Claire and Jeanette actually both got pictures of us all at the end, but I haven't gotten them from them yet. Once I remember to do that, I will be a picture posting maniac. Just you wait.
Later that day, Mike and I went and picked out our carpet. It took like a half hour, so then Mike said we could do whatever I wanted, so we went to the Roxberry juice place back in AF (similar to Jamba Juice, which made me so happy) and then to a junk shop here in Lehi. I think it's called The Nook and Cranny Antique Shop or something. Junk shop is an affectionate term I use for stores that have lots of stuff and are all cluttered and maybe some of it is junk. Like the Star Mill store. Anyway, the place in Lehi had a very impressive collection of beer steins. Mike also found some swords. I was looking mostly for decorative glass and crystal, and that place was definitely a gold mine of that. I found some Czech Bohemian leaded crystal, which I promptly bought because I didn't buy any when I was in the Czech Republic (I was worried about transporting it).
So, that's been our busy month. It's not over yet, I suppose, seeing as I have yet to go into labor. That will probably get it's very own post. As will my lil brudder leaving on his mission in less than a week. I will miss him. Also, I will hopefully get stable isotope data before I go into labor, which is not exciting to anybody but me.
2 comments:
Whatever!! You going into labor is exciting for EVERYONE!! I'm kind of obsessed with other people having babies, though. :) I really like seeing the cute tiny little newborns and smelling them and hearing about all the excitement and thinking about how thrilled to death the new parents are...all while not having to be pregnant, go through labor, loss sleep, etc. :) But I can't wait for YOU to go through all those fun things!! ;)
Oh, whoops. I just read that sentence again. I was referring to my isotope data not being exciting to anyone else. It might not even be exciting for me.
Post a Comment