Monday, April 20, 2009

Conner's gone and Miriam's 2 weeks old. Whoa.

Really, she's more like 3 weeks old now, but I have pictures from her 2 week appointment. Also, I have pictures from leaving Conner at the MTC. As it turns out, he left exactly a week before she was born, give or take a few hours. Saying goodbye to the kiddo was hard, but it also made me really excited to go on a mission with Mike someday. He's doing great now and has already learned over a hundred of the common characters (and that was a week ago, he's probably learned another hundred by now). Anyway, I'm really proud of him. It's crazy to think that by the time he meets Mim, she'll be talking.
The Harper boys.
Harper girls + Conner. When we were lining up for the picture, Lexi said something to Conner like, "We're the skinny half of the picture." So very true at that point.
My mom putting Conner's tag on. Awww.
As for Mim, to quote Dr. Glade, she's "thriving."
She weighed 8lbs 15oz at her 2 week appointment, almost a pound up from her birth weight. Because she gained so much, the doctor told me to feel free to let her go four hours between feedings, if that's what she wanted to do. He also said that if she would sleep 8 hours at night, I should let her. Believe me, once she does, I will surely do nothing to stop her. Her record so far is 6 hours between feedings, but she would wake up every time Mike put her down, so he just held her and let me sleep. I have a great husband.
2 week old stats:
Head: 14.5in (69%tile)
Height: 21.5in (87%tile)
Weight: 8lbs 15oz (69%tile)
This was just yesterday. She wore her lavender dress and Mike wore his tie that's green and lavender, so we took a picture of them coordinating.
This was on Easter Sunday, Mim's dress courtesy of my mom. This was the first time I put her in anything that wasn't a sleep n play. This was also Easter Sunday- William wore his little man vest and tie (which I love) and I just think my dad looks so cute. He's very excited to get a picture of himself with all three of his newest grandbabies, once Ryker gets here.

3 comments:

mckenna said...

You know that doesn't count as a post, right? We all want new little family pictures!! And stories of being up all night!! And spit up!! And how in love with her you are!! Come on!!

mckenna said...

Okay, so when I checked your blog before there was just a title. No photos or blog post. So ignore what I said. :) That totally counts as a post! LOVE LOVE LOVE that little girl's hair!! She's so gorgeous!! And you three look so sweet and adorable and happy!! Love it!!

Leda Johnson said...

She is sooo cute! And why are you off eggs and dairy?