Mim loves the water:
Today was the annual cousin baby pool party at my parents' house. Mostly it was Mim and Arie, since Will wasn't a huge fan of the water (especially of the sprinkler).
Mim was delighted when she realized she could control where the sprinkler went- she tried to spray anybody who came by. She would also spray herself in the face.
She was a little tentative at first because of an experience she had last week- I went to help a friend get her classroom set up for this fall, and I had my hands full when Mim and I were leaving (I was holding a pie). The sprinklers were on outside and Mim started chasing after them, getting sprinkled on. She kept evading me, so I just figured I'd get everything to the car (15 meters away) and then come back and grab her. I headed that way and was pretty close when I heard her crying (I figured she was sad that I was leaving her), I turned around and saw that she was near the sprinkler head and she kept falling and couldn't get up (slippery, wet grass on a slight slope). It was so sad. I ran to her and picked her up and she was absolutely soaked. We had a towel in the car, and she calmed down as soon as I had her, but I just can't even describe how pathetic she was, soaking wet and so sad. I'm just glad she's not scarred for life.
1 comment:
Thanks for posting pictures & video since we couldn't be there! It looks like it was a lot of fun- too bad the slip n slide didn't make it there!
Post a Comment