Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Somebody is 2!

Some things Mim loves at 2:
  • Saying "Whassat?" "Where is it?" "Whosit?" and "Uh-oh."
  • Almost any food, but especially treats.  The only time she get picky is when I try and feed her the same thing more than 2 days in a row.  She recently tried and loved massaman curry with rice.
  • Being outside.  Riding her trike, swinging, and playing in the dirt are her favorite things to do.
  • Doing dishes.  I can't do dishes without her pushing up and chair and "helping."
  • "Helping."  She loves to push the cart at the store, but doesn't like to stop when I do.  She's also a great sweeper, duster, and window cleaner.  She's only so-so at picking up her own toys, though.
  • Danger.  Danger the cat.  She loves to pick her up, pet her, and she squeals with happiness when Danger licks her.  
  • Sesame Street is hands down her favorite show.  Dora the Explorer and Wonder Pets are up there as well.  
  • The ABC song, Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam, and The Wheels on the Bus are probably her favorite songs.  
  • Peeing in the potty.  I only have her do it before bath time, so she doesn't pee in the tub, but she's a fan.  Once I'm done with school we'll start potty training for real.
  • Playing chasing and hiding games.  
  • Squealing/screeching all the time.  She is a loud toddler.
  • Doing things herself.  She likes to get her own snacks, climb up into her high chair and do the buckles by herself, get out her own coloring supplies, open doors all by herself, use the computer without my interference, brush her own teeth, and all sorts of other little things.  Every time she does something new without my help I can't believe how big she's gotten.

Things she hates:
  • Getting her hair brushed, unless there is sufficient distraction.  Even then, she only tolerates it.
  • Hearing the word "no."  It makes her cry. 
  • Parting with animals.  Danger, the dog on the way home from church, the horses we take walks to when we're at my parents', any animal ever.  We're taking her to the zoo for her birthday once Mike is up and around again, because we really thought it through...
  • Soda.  I found it out first when she was insisting on having some of my ginger ale, and now we know she hates it all.  I'm ok with that, not being a huge fan myself.
 Mike and I got Mim a trike for her birthday.  It was in the living room and she got to see it first thing when she woke up:
She definitely liked it.  She figured out pedaling pretty quick, but she's still getting the hang of steering. 
Later that day, we took it outside:

After playing around  on that a bit, she wanted to swing on her swing, then we had lunch, then I tried to get her to nap (no success) and then we went to the park and played in our dirt.  All in all, it was a great day to be a toddler.  Dinner was next and then we had the grandparents over for some presents...
{Thanks for the recorder...}

{When Ari heard that it was Mim's birthday, she went right to her closet and got out her old ballet shoes and put them in a bag for Grandma to take over.  Sweet, huh?  Mim loves them.  She also loves her dress up skirt from Grandma.}

{The doll stroller was another big hit- I'm pretty sure she's imitating me in this picture.}
...and cake and ice cream.  Great Grandma Harper made the cake and Mim loves the little dolly that came on top.  Oftentimes she sets it in the stroller with her big baby, like a doll for her doll.
{She got one of the candles without any help at all; the other was mostly me.}

Happy birthday to my littlest big girl! 

    3 comments:

    KiLee said...

    Happy birthday to Mim again - she is such a cutie & getting so big!!

    Milton and Marie said...

    I love this post. It's so fuuny how much Mim is exactly like Mylie. I hadn't even thought of all those things. We have to say goodbye to all the animals on the street before we go anywhere. We need to get together and play. Let me know what works with the potty training. Mylie will go potty if I ask her at the right time and then demands candy afterwards.

    Leda Johnson said...

    That picture of Mim getting her Tricycle is the most adorable picture ever. She is such a cutie!