My mom totally said that to me this morning. Awesome.
So, my mom comes over some mornings to hold the little one and play with Mim while I get an extra bit of sleep, which I really appreciate (Thanks, Mom! You're the best!). So today, while she was here, she heard some noises coming from the bathroom. The kind of noises that made her think I was being violently ill. She felt bad for me, but didn't want to interfere- she figured I would ask for help if I needed it. Then things started picking up and she was worried enough that she decided to check on me. On her way to the bathroom she passed the kitchen and noticed the sink was gurgling. She ran the water to make it stop and while she was doing so noticed a big city truck out front with a big pipe sticking down the manhole. She began to suspect that it wasn't me making the noise in the bathroom and that it was possibly the plumbing's fault. She opened the bathroom door and saw the toilet...exploding. Water was spraying out of the bowl in all directions. She was holding Eleanor and thus didn't want to get in the middle of it, so she came to tell me what was up.
I was kind of awake already when she came in- the noise in the bathroom had gotten loud enough that it actually woke me up a little bit. Not all the way, though. I was still asleep enough that I was thinking things like "Why is mom cleaning the tub and splashing so much?" and "Why is Mim in the tub?" and "Why would my mom let Mim be in the tub and splash that much?" Obviously my thought process was a little behind. Anyway, after Mom told me the toilet was exploding, I got up to take and look and was amazed. The bowl was almost empty, so much of it had splashed out. She told me about the truck so I went out to make sure it was them causing this and not some spontaneous bizarre plumbing freak out. The worker I talked to just kind of shrugged and basically said that, yeah, the bubbling and splashing was because they were cleaning the line out there. Apparently our plumbing is more likely to be affected since we live in an older house.
That was pretty much it. My mom set Eleanor down in her swing and helped me clean up the water that was everywhere. It was really pretty funny, no lasting damage, and even though it was toilet water, it was still just water. After I went and laid back down I imagined several grosser/scarier scenarios that I'm glad we escaped. I'm super glad it didn't start erupting when Mim was on it- it would probably have crippled our potty training progress.
So, that's it about our toilet. Here's the kiddos:
3 comments:
The toliet exploding incident just made me laugh. Sorry it happened and I'm glad that you survived.
That happened to us too! I called the city and reamed them out and a worker came and apologized. Then they called later and told us that's just the way things are with older houses... It was an awesome day. :)
Awesome. Remind me not to live in an older house! :) It does make for a great story though - & I'm sure mom did an awesome job cleaning it up!
Post a Comment