Friday, October 21, 2011

And now another Eleanor post

Last post was about Mim, now it's time for another Elle one.  She's almost 2 months now (whoa!) and I need to start writing all her little cute infant things down, because I'm going to forget. 

+She is the gruntiest, squeakiest baby in the world.  Now that she's getting older, she's started throwing in more and more coos, as well.  I love it.  Recently, she's started getting close to laughing.  It's wonderful.

+She, like Mim, likes her kicking around time.  She's perfectly happy just lying on her back, looking all around, and kicking and rocking from side to side.  She loves her little baby mirror and is caring more about the things I set out for her to look at during tummy time. 

+She is a little fatty fat kid baby.  She weighs around 13 or so pounds (I weighed myself holding her, then without to figure it). 

+She loves having her diaper changed.  I don't know if it's having naked legs or the undivided attention or both, but she just smiles her little heart out. 

+She loves Mim, mostly.  She smiles while Mim plays with her, and looks around when she hears Mim's voice (like she does for me and Mike).

+The other day Eleanor heard Mim crying and she put on her big frowny/pouty face and shed a few tears for her sister (who was in time out).  It goes the other way, too, although Mim is usually just crying for attention (literally) when the baby cries.

+She started smiling socially on the early end of things, at about a month old.  Hooray!

+She's a good sleeper.  Not amazing, like Mim was, but good.  She's consistently doing one 6 hour stretch, then about 2 good stretches after that that vary in length.  Then she wakes up for an hour or so and then sleeps some more.

+She's great at sleeping in the bassinet.  I'm so glad.  It took me a long time to get Mim to nap well in the crib (versus my arms), but Eleanor seems to sleep better without me.  Nice. 

+She's strong (like Mim).  So far, neither of my babies have been cuddlers.  Eleanor could hold her head up off me even as a newborn and apparently she prefers that.  She just likes looking around, I guess. 

I think that's a pretty good sum up of my littlest.  We love her.  Now, after all that talk about what a cheerful baby she is, here's a picture of her getting grumpy while she was being my helper in the kitchen:

No comments: