Saturday, May 5, 2012

Easter!

I'm still trying to finish up Mim's 3 year old interview, so in the meantime, in non-chronological order, here's how we celebrated Easter.

On Saturday there was an Easter breakfast at my parents' house followed by an egg hunt, I missed the breakfast because I was teaching, but Mike and the girls made it. I was impressed with him- it was his first time getting the girls out of the house in the morning all by himself. Way to go, Mike!

I got there in time for the egg hunt, which was pretty good. Mim, Will, and Ari were all very excited and took off after all the "hidden" eggs. Mim was not above swooping in and grabbing one that had already been spotted by her cousin, much to Will's consternation.

After all the eggs were found we headed home to get ready for Mim's birthday party and our own Easter Egg hunt. We'll skip that for now- on to Sunday!

This was the first year that I did Easter baskets. Eleanor got baby food (I make most of it myself, but I like having some on hand for when we're out and about) and a ball, Mim got socks, flips flops (not to be worn together), and some bath stuff (she used ALL the bath paints in one hour-long bath a few days later). Nothing too crazy. I can't believe how overboard some people go with Easter baskets- it gets turned into another Christmas, present-wise. Yikes and no thank you.

That being said, I did splurge a little on some Easter dresses. I had plans to make some, but then saw the most adorable little pink dress at Costco- I impulse bought it for Mim, then decided to justify it, it would be her Easter dress. I found one a week later at Target for Elle- not too matchy-matchy, but similar.
{No smiles from Eleanor- she DID NOT like sitting on the grass.}
{This one's my favorite}
I hope you had a great Easter, too!

2 comments:

KiLee said...

Those dresses are too cute. I also love that Ellen-door has her thumb in her mouth for most of the pictures! I totally get that! :)
Please blog more often...

Jessica Ann said...

oh they are so cute! Love your girls