A few weeks ago, Mim cut her own hair for the second time. It was another fairly easy fix- adding bangs took care of it. I didn't do it, though. I recently found out a friend of mine in the ward has a little salon in her basement, so I went there. (Hooray for finding someone else to cut my hair!)
Anyway, she looks adorable with bangs. It reminds me of pictures of myself when I was young.
Maybe I'll scan some someday for an actual side-by-side comparison. Not today, though.
She also had her first filling the next day. Sad face.
She was a total champ. The hygenists and the dentist were all very impressed. She didn't even twitch when they gave her the shot to numb her. I was so proud of her. A little bit proud of myself, too. And reassured that my parenting strategy for this kind of situation worked in this case. I had told her, the best I could remember, what would happen and that there would be a shot in her mouth and that it would hurt, but that it wouldn't hurt for very long. Anyway, she's not scarred at all and is still looking forward to going to the doctor for her next checkup. Success!


1 comment:
Good for you! It helps SO much to have parents prepare their kids for dental visits beforehand. Glad she did so well!
Post a Comment