Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Post-Christmas December

There were a few other events that I want documented about December.

Mike got a truck. It was a good tax move for the business to have some big write-offs before the end of the year, so both he and Trent (his business partner) got giant Toyota Tundras. They wanted them to be a little flashy because they're being used for advertising, so I kind of just want everyone to know that we would not have gotten a truck like this under normal circumstances. It is super useful to have a truck, though. Especially with all the basement construction stuff we were doing and now with all the basement furnishing stuff and soon with all the yard business.

{I call it She-Ra. Don't mind the thumb, Mim took the picture. Actually, it was me.}

We were without laundry capabilities for about a month and a half throughout this basement finishing thing (that's not counting how when we finally did get the washer put back in, it broke, and right now, how the dryer is broken). I mostly went to various family member's houses to do laundry, but I did end up at the laundromat once. Shudder.

{So creepy and alone.}

We also got some beautiful snow right after Christmas and we had a lot of fun with it (which I'm particularly happy we did, considering we then had terrible air and below freezing temperatures for most of January).  

{I filled squirt bottles with water and food coloring. It was fun for me, too.}
{Mim's snow pile. You can't tell in this picture, but she made herself a decent little hill.}

2 comments:

katik said...

Loved your updates! Keep them coming!

katik said...
This comment has been removed by the author.