March was awesome.
WE FINISHED THE BASEMENT!!
The first bit of the month was painting trim and installing trim and doors and doing all the other little bits and pieces that we needed to get done before carpet came in and then, on the 12th, the big day came and the carpet installer came. Then he didn't finish. So then, on the 13th, the actual big day, he finished up in the morning and we were DONE. It was such a good feeling. I filmed the girls' reaction, which was a whole lot of squealing and running in circles.
 |
| {The night before carpet- it was so crazy how empty it was.} |
 |
| {Mim loved the carpet pad a lot- there was lots of pink and purple in it.} |
 |
| {Then there was carpet.} |
 |
| {So pleased about finally being allowed downstairs.} |
 |
| {We got our lights done the same day as carpet and I LOVE them.} |
 |
| {The lovesac went downstairs the same night the carpet was finished and was followed shortly by the tv.} |
Only a few days after the basement was finished I was working on reorganizing and relocating some stuff, mostly upstairs, when I realized the girls had been quiet for some time.
I went downstairs. They weren't in Mim's room, they weren't in the family room...
They were in the storage room. They used up about one third of a big bag of flour. By the looks of them, I was pretty sure Mim dumped a lot of that flour directly on to Eleanor. They were both super happy, though.
Eleanor had her first piggy tails in March, too. It was adorable.
Mim also had her first big friend party right at the end of the month. It was crazy and super fun. We had a big Easter egg hunt, some rainbow cupcakes, and played like crazy in a bunch of balloons. I already wrote about that on my other blog
HERE.
2 comments:
I love the pictures of the basement & hope to see it someday! Maybe Christmastime....
Also, it's hilarious that the girls found the storage room & of all things - the flour! Hahahahahaha :)
The basement looks fantastic! And I checked out Mims party and It looked like a smashing success! You're awesome Kasia!
Post a Comment