Well, I guess Christmas break is over (boo). Mike has started classes again (he did really well last semester, by the way), and I'm back to TAing PS110B and working on my thesis. I don't have to take any classes this semester, which is fortunate, because Baby is due two weeks before finals. Mike and I are still leaning towards the name Miriam Elizabeth (this way, backwards her initails will be J-E-M, woot for geology, minerals, etc.). I keep trying to think of back up names just in case we have her and decide she's not a Miriam, but so far Mike has not approved the other options I've presented. Lately, I decided I like the name Ella a lot, but Mike says that it only sounds like a half name. I actually always wanted to name a girl Bella, but now, after the Twilight books, I'm staying away from that one. I'm so mad Stephanie Meyer ruined that name for me.
Other baby news -- we're so excited. March seems a lot closer now that it's the new year. Only 2.5 months and we'll meet our daughter. Despite not being born yet, she is making her presence known. Mike can feel her kicking and moving much more often and more easily than he has been able to previously, and I feel her almost constantly now. Sometimes, when nothing exciting is going on for me, I just stare at my tummy and watch it move -- still a weird sensation.
That's it for us, really. We're back to the school/work grind, but still having a great time.
2 comments:
I hear ya with the whole "Bella" thing. It makes me so mad! I laughed out loud at the JEM geology joke... and I'm in the library. :)
I can only assume that the Elizabeth middle name is after your very influential friend in high school whose middle name is also Elizabeth.
Post a Comment