Sunday, April 4, 2010

Yeah, she's a year old now

It's crazy how fast this past year has gone.  I was thinking this whole week about how, a year ago on Wednesday night, Mike and I went to the hospital a second time and they kept us.  And how Mim was born at 5:39 in the morning.  And how she's walking more and more now, and trying to talk, and how all that has happened in only a year.  It's amazing.
She got a birthday cookie yesterday.  I went to the bakery (Flour Girls and Dough Boys in American Fork- it's lovely) to get us all some celebration cupcakes and order a little cake for her for the party on Saturday.  The owner was helping me out, and she was just gushing over Mim, and when I mentioned it was her birthday, she said, "Just a minute," and came back with a big sugar cookie for her.  So sweet!  (Heheh, sweet. Get it?)  Anyway, since we had the free cookie, I didn't get Mim a cupcake.  I thought one birthday treat was enough.  We put a candle in it, sang to her, and let her go at it.  Here are the pictures:





6 comments:

Em said...

Oh my gosh is she cute! She has grown so quickly!!! I cannot believe she is one. What a year!!!!

The Tulett Family said...

Wow. Can't believe she's a year already. You can tell she liked her cookie- that video is hilarious. I think the sugar got to her pretty quick! She's a cutie!

KiLee said...

Loved the video - Ryker came running over when he heard it and then just sat and smiled at Mim. Right now he's super mad at me because I put him back down so I could type! She's getting so big! What a cutie!

Bridget said...

You go, Mim! That's how I always act when I get free cookies.
Happy Mim Day!

Jeremy and Natalie said...

haha, she is such a cutie! i'm so sad we missed the party. :( tell her happy birthday for us though!

katik said...

Oh my! Love it! Happy (belated) Birthday to Mim!