Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Yard progress!

Mike's tilling up the field, so that's yard progress, but that's not what I'm excited about.  This is:
That's the rose bed.  And the brown line down the middle is the trunk line of my newly installed drip irrigation system!  I did it so I wouldn't have to spend a million hours a week weeding all that dead space in between the roses.  And also to conserve water, I suppose.  First, I weeded it like crazy, then I put down the weed blocker landscaping fabric, then I put in the drip system, and now the only thing left to do is put down mulch over it all, because it's pretty ugly as is.  Plus, I've learned how to do a drip system, which is something I want to implement in our vegetable garden. 
These are also worth an exclamation point.  Peonies are my very favorite flower.  I've also come to love these:
I've never been an iris fan, but they've grown (haha!) on me this year.  Especially these almost black ones.  So cool.
One last reason to smile:
Studious baby.  She didn't even look up while I was taking pictures.  That book she's holding is an abbreviated Nephi story that her Great Aunt Ann (who is also a great Aunt Ann) gave her for her birthday.  It's adorable- all the illustrations in the book are pictures of real-life kids.  Laman and Lemuel always look grumpy or are fussing. 
She woke up from her nap on Tuesday and was playing quietly, so I finished up some stuff before I went in to get her.  This is how she was.  Her leg was very stuck, but she wasn't being sad about it at all.  I had to use lotion to slide that chubby leg out- the mark was still there when Mike got home an hour or two later.  At one point, I was worried I was going to have to cut the crib slats.  And yes, she does have a crib bumper; it's just not as effective as it once was because she squishes it down now.
So, that's what we're up to.  Hopefully have more yard progress to report soon!

No comments: