Mike and I went on an excellent date for our 4th anniversary (which was a month and a half ago). We started with dinner at Tiburon, which is in Sandy and is by far the most excellent restaurant Mike and I have ever been to. As an appetizer:
ST. ANDRE & BRAISED KURABUTO PORK
The Chef’s New Favorite: French triple crème Brie, 5 hour ‘Dry’ Braised Kurabuto pork belly & balsamic onion jam
The above is right from their website- I started thinking about how good the meal was and I wanted to read about it and let my mouth water.
My entree:
NEW ZEALAND ELK (our house specialty)
Char-grilled Rocky Mountain Elk Tenderloin , served with creamy mushroom “Duxelle”, green peppercorn demi-glace & garlic mashed potatoes
I thought about just asking for 2 more portions of our appetizer for my entree, but then I would have missed out on this. It was wonderful.
Mike's:
Mike got one of the specials, so I can't copy from the website. I will try to describe it. It was the best steak in the entire world. With the best sauces in the entire world and oyster mushrooms.
Our drink:
Mint lemonade. We successfully recreated this for a ward party and I don't ever want to drink anything else again.
Here we are in front of the restaurant sign:
Brace yourself for more awesome camera phone pictures.
After dinner, we went to Abravanel Hall for a concert Mike had gotten tickets to. It was the Wicked Divas show. Two past Broadway Elphabas sang various diva songs. There was some Barbara Streisand, Liza Minnelli, Celine Dion, and the like. Wonderful. They finished of course, with some big numbers from the musical Wicked. It was lovely. Mike and I never got to see Wicked when it came to Utah, since Mim had just been born. Not complaining- Mim is worth a billion Wicked tickets, at least.
During intermission:
There you have it, one of the most awesome (and our most expensive) dates ever. I must say, as well, that the company was excellent.
A word about being married to Mike for four years: It feels like much less. He's so easy and so fun and so wonderful to be married to. And he takes me on awesome dates like this one (because he loves me and to make up for calling me things like PREGATRON, MOTHER OF BABYTRON).


No comments:
Post a Comment