Having a garden is great. My dad helped us out big time this year, planning and then planting pretty much all of it. Thanks, dad! I did manage to learn some stuff in between chasing Mim all around, though. So, here's what we've got growing. Tomatoes (apparently I cut them out of the picture, they're a little farther to the left), yellow zucchini, acorn squash, green beans, watermelon (in the bottom left corner), lettuce, cucumbers that just sprouted will grow up that big wire cage anchored to the pvc pipe you can see, crenshaw melon, cauliflower and broccoli (all the big blue-gray plants), potatoes (the next rows to the right), peppers, radishes, carrots, and onions. Oh, and pumpkins! They're not exactly in the garden- they're where that darker spot is back in the field, behind the cucumber cage. I'm excited because one of the pumpkin varieties that we're growing is the kind that can be giant if we prune it down to one plant per vine, which we might do.
Anyway, it's so cool to go grab stuff from the garden. I love having one and hopefully everything grows as well as the stuff that's already come up- so far we've enjoyed radishes, green onion, broccoli, cauliflower, and lettuce.
There's one of the tomato plants. It's totally being a champ.
The non-vegetable gardening has been good this year, too. Peonies are my very favorite flower, so I couldn't just not post this picture.
1 comment:
You're garden looks amazing! You must have a green thumb!
Post a Comment