Thursday, October 20, 2011

Blessed baby

Eleanor's blessing was on Sunday.  It was a lovely day and Mike gave her a lovely blessing.  He told me after that he kept getting distracted while he was blessing her because she kept looking at him and smiling.  Awwww.  That's my pleasant baby, though.  She's a happy little chubby thing, although I've been consistently failing at getting a picture of one of her big smiles. 

Mike's family has quite the collection of blessing heirlooms, too many for any single baby to wear at once, so Ellie Belly and I had a little photo shoot on Sunday morning.





{CHEEKS.}


The heirlooms:
The christening gown was worn by Karen (she brought over a picture on Monday of her wearing it as a baby) when she was christened and by Mike and all his siblings when they were blessed.  Mim wore it, too.
The blankets that are the backdrop- one was made by Karen's grandmother, the other by Hugh's mother (Monica- where we got Eleanor's middle name).
There were two sweaters- one made by Karen's grandmother, another made by Hugh's mom.
Two sets of booties- one pair that Nanny made for Mim, one pair that was made by Karen's grandmother.
The bonnet- made by Karen while she was teaching a French hand sewing class (fancy, right?).  I was delighted when she showed it to me because I had wanted to make a bonnet to go with the dress, but it didn't happen.  I love how old fashioned and sweet they are. 

After sacrament meeting, we went to my parents' for a little light lunch. Thanks again, wonderful family, for making it happen!  The kids all played outside and most people that wanted a turn with the baby got one (or maybe not- all I know is that someone else was holding her every time I looked around).

These two have been being little friends the last few months and it's super cute:


The littlest with her handsome daddy (I switched her into my blessing dress at the luncheon):


She looks worried, but my dad's only burping her.

It was a wonderful wrap up to an excellent week.  Speaking of excellent weeks, this was probably Mim's favorite ever.

Excellent week for Mim= On Wednesday, Mim got to go to the Jr. High preschool as the guest of her cousin, Maddie.  We walk past an elementary school on our walks and Mim calls all the kids there her friends and tells me every time we pass that when she's a very big girl, she'll go to school with all her friends.  She's really excited about school.
After the preschool we had a playdate with Ari and Will at Grandma's house.  On Thursday Gramma and Lexi came by with dinner and then Nana came by with all the heirlooms.  Somebody else visited too, and now I can't remember.  Then on Friday, Kaid and Granpa were over here doing sprinkler stuff and Gramma was here for a little bit.  On Saturday a whole bunch of family was over, helping put in our sprinklers.  So really, Sunday was just the grand finale to what I'm sure was Mim's greatest week ever.  

{Playing dress up with Maren on Saturday- Mike says this is the cutest picture that's ever been taken}


Excellent week for me= Getting sprinklers in!!  Rather, Kaid and assorted family getting our sprinklers in!!  Kaid was the foreman at our house again and he did an awesome job- it was all finished in 2 days.  And we have a big ol' yard.  It was great to have so much family over, and then to get to see them all the next day at Elle's blessing, too.  We have the best family ever.  And now, thanks to them, the girls and I get to have grassy shade next summer!


1 comment:

KiLee said...

Man that baby is a cutie! Thank you for all the pictures!! Miss you guys!
Also - Ryker refuses to say that it's Ellie in the pictures. According to Ryker, they are all pictures of him! :)