Thursday, November 6, 2008
This made me cry
This song was on my friend Emily's blog and it really touched me. I thought of all the friends I have that want so badly to have a child and either can't or haven't been able to yet. I can't imagine the heartache that so many couples experience as they see other couples around them, their friends and family, become pregnant and expand their families without the aid of doctors and nurses and adoption agencies, while they struggle with these procedures. There are so many wonderful women that would be such wonderful mothers, but are denied or delayed in being given the gift of children. I guess I don't realize often enough how lucky and blessed Mike and I are to have this opportunity to be parents. I am so grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Think about Lex and watching us all be pregnant. She would be a wonderful wonderful mom and hasn't had that opportunity. That's why I try not to complain about pregnancy in front of people that I know are struggling because I know that they'd give EVERYTHING to be sick or have heartburn, etc.
Yeah, I was definitely thinking about her when I heard this song.
Post a Comment