Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Bean Museum and etc

We went to the Bean Museum (Kita calls it the dead animal zoo) with all the Harper cousins, as well.  I don't really have any good pictures of looking at the animals.  What I really wish is that I had gotten pictures of Mim petting the live animals they had out.  Mim visited the tortoise first, but wasn't very interested.  Then we saw the turtle crawling across the floor and I think it clicked for Mim that these weird little things were alive, and then she wanted everything to do with them.  She kept trying to grab the turtle- me and the BYU student looking after the turtle both had our hands full.  She even petted the snake they had out.  I kept my distance there, because snakes creep me out.  Then we went back to the tortoise and she thought it was awesome.  They had a lizard out as well that Mim also loved- every time it moved she would start laughing like crazy.  It appears as though I have successfully ingrained my love of animals into my daughter.  The vote at our house for getting a dog is now 2-1.
We went into the Bean play room for awhile, as well.  Mim is not great at sharing. 
Ki put them both on a big toy semi and pushed them around, but it didn't last long before they were both jumping off and fighting over something else.  Oh, little ones.
No more pictures of the Bean- this was my only half decent one.
I'm completely lacking in pictures of Wheeler Farm, which is a bummer.  Kaid and Jenny took everyone up with them to check out all those animals and go on a wagon ride.  Mim was great at the beginning and loved chasing all the free roaming ducks and geese around.  By the time we got to the bigger animals, it was her naptime and she didn't care about anything.  She was ok again by the time we got back to Kaid and Jenny's and had some pizza and cookies.  I'll have to round up some pictures- the farm was a really cool place and it was a very fun afternoon.

1 comment:

KiLee said...

I love this picture of Ryker. He looks puzzled as to why your daughter is being so mean to him! :) They were hilarious - until they weren't anymore!