Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I can't decide

Should I do one huge post or a bunch of little ones?
I'm thinking a bunch of little ones.  I think I'll start with the yard- we finally got it graded!  Many of you may know that we exhausted our house budget this summer by getting air conditioning (worth it!), so our yard was super gross this summer.  Kind of embarrassing (but still worth it to not have it be 85 degrees inside).
Here's what our lawn looked like most of the summer:
Early in the year we had the retainer curb around the lawn removed (before we got AC, which, as I may have mentioned, was totally worth the world's ugliest lawn for a summer).  We also removed the sod ourselves in preparation to have the lawn be graded. 
And now:
Nobody has ever been happier about flat dirt. 
Because this took us so long, we won't be able to get our sprinkler system in this fall, which is kind of a bummer.  We wanted to have that done so that next spring we would be able to get the grass seed in right away.  Ahwell.  To make things move along faster next year, we plan on assembling fence panels in our shed over the winter, so all we need to do when it warms up is dig post holes, place posts, and pop our fence up.
Ha.  I should know better.  Lawn stuff will always take at least twice as long and cost twice as much as planned.  And yet I continue to hope. 
So, next year:
*fence
*sprinkler system
*grass seed
*vegetable garden

Here's hoping, right? 

No comments: